This week’s episode is a special one, recorded on the handheld with guest hosts John and Lyn on New Year’s Night. In the episode:
- We introduce Lyn as Fandomania’s newest staff member.
- John recounts his Christmas loot for us.
- We discuss amusing and not-so-amusing convention encounters with Michael Biehn and James Marsters.
- Lyn talks about what she got for Christmas.
- We discuss the 2008 Doctor Who Christmas Special, leading to a discussion of all things Who.
- Celeste and I revisit our discussion from previous weeks about genre actors crossing over TV shows.
- John and Lyn tell us about their favorite video games of 2008, from Grand Theft Auto 4 to Princess Debut.
- We talk about fighting games: Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, and Mortal Kombat.
- John doesn’t like Star Wars. And is in the minority.
- John does like Indy 4 and tells us why.
- We discuss a bunch of TV from the past, as well as upcoming shows, including 24, Heroes, Dollhouse, Drive, Lost, and Nip Tuck.
- We chat about the Star Trek and Dragonball Z movies that are being made.
- John and I disagree about The Office.
- Lyn leads a heartfelt discussion about people in entertainment that we lost in 2008…
- … before John derails the podcast by asking for our 2009 celebrity death wishes.
- We conclude by reading Entertainment Weekly’s best and worst video games lists of 2008 with incredulity.
You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The intro music for this episode comes from The Crowd, via the Podsafe Music Network.