Last Tuesday, Tripwire Interactive announced the start of the Killing Floor Twisted Christmas event, running through January 4, 2011. This is a huge update for the game, along with the promised Team Fortress 2 Pyro character cross-over AND a new DLC character pack for Killing Floor!
The Killing Floor fans have been getting in the spirit with their “Floormas Carols” on the Tripwire forums, so they threw out some bad poetry of their own to get into the spirit of their Twisted Christmas Event:
Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the game
Lots of creatures were stirring, but they weren’t quite the same
No more were there seen roaming zombies and specimens
They had all been replaced by some foul Christmas denizens
With gingerbread baddies and eight legged reindeer
Jack Frost, Robo Santa and their helpers now spread fear
But fear not, for you have some new help on your quest
Team Fortress 2’s Pyro is a new special guest
And we heard him mumble, ‘ere she walked out of sight
“Mmmn arghhnn nmmmnn grrrmn lllrrfggh ggrighft”
Which, when roughly translated, we think means:
“Twisted Christmas to all, and to all a good-fright!”
The Twisted Christmas Event runs from 14th December 2010 through 4th January 2011 and brings you:
- All new level – Santa’s Evil Lair.
- All the creatures in game replaced with Twisted Christmas versions, including the Gingerfast and the Nutpound, for the duration of the Event.
- 13 new Christmas achievements — get enough before the end of the Event and unlock the “Baddest Santa” playable character to own permanently.
- Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie as an item for the Pyro in Team Fortress 2 for anyone that owns or purchases Killing Floor before the end of the event
- Red or blue Pyro from Team Fortress 2 as a playable character in KF, available to anyone that owns both Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor, regardless of when you buy the games.
- All new difficulty level beyond Suicidal — Hell on Earth.
- More than double the achievement count with over 130 total achievements.
- And a big set of balance improvements.
Remember, “Twisted Christmas” only runs for the holiday season, from December 14th to January 4th. You must play during this time to experience the event, to beat the Christmas achievements and to unlock the “Baddest Santa”. And if you don’t already own Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor, you must get them before the event ends on January 4th to unlock the special items in Team Fortress 2. To get more information on the fun of the Twisted Christmas event, check out the official website. The Killing Floor is available now on Steam, Direct 2 Drive, and in stores across the world.
On top of everything else, there is a new DLC pack for you: “London’s Finest”. This pack brings you four new playable characters, survivors from London, fighting alongside London’s emergency services and the army, to try and stem the tide of zeds. The pack includes Reverend Alberts, a soccer hooligan known as “Chopper” Harris, Kevo the Chav and their new best friend, Captain Sir Richard Wiggins, 5th Baronet of Warbury, the only survivor of the guards at the Palace, still in full dress uniform. This motley crew make up a team known as “London’s Finest” and the pack is available now on Steam.