Hi again, folks. Thanks for reading Crushworthy Characters. I hope you enjoy them. This week, we have a female crush! She was one of the first names I wrote under the female section. I have plenty of fictional girl crushes, too. She hasn’t been around as long as some of the others, yet she is no less crushworthy. I bring you Kiera Cameron!
Full Name: Kiera Cameron
Age: 32 or 33
Job: Protector, Special agent
Who is She?
Kiera Cameron is the main protagonist on the show Continuum. She is portrayed by actress Rachel Nichols. Kiera Cameron is a Protector, a type of cop, in the future. In the current day, she helps “old school” cops on cases. She is determined to stop the Liber8 gang from destroying the past and present. She is also a wife and mom determined to get back to the future with her family.
- Kiera hacked an ATM with her special suit to get money when she first arrived in the present day.
- Kiera talks to herself when she feels nervous or awkward.
- Kiera complained about putting make up on with her hands in one episode. In the future, there is a machine to to do it.
- Actress Rachel Nichols has been in some previous nerd favorites. She appeared in the 2009 Star Trek film, Conan the Barbarian, and Alias.
- Kiera wears layers of clothes to hide her special suit.
Why So Popular?
Kiera is one of the more interesting female characters I’ve come across recently. She proves she is tough and can take care of herself. She was freaked out when she realized she was in the year 2012, yet she picked herself up and carried on. I think most fans like a female character that is beautiful and can kick butt. Kiera meets both of these requirements exceptionally. She also has a vulnerable side that makes her relatable as a person.
Why Do I Love Her?
Kiera Cameron reminds me of Temperance Brennan from Bones. Yet, whereas Dr. Brennan annoys me a little with her reliance on logic, Kiera does not. I discovered Continuum on Netflix and got hooked pretty fast. Kiera was a character I really liked. I also have a thing for blue eyes. I don’t discriminate on what gender they belong to either. I am pretty hard on female characters. Kiera fit my bill of being a really great female character. I am always rooting for her on the television show.