The new games released on the Xbox Live Arcade this week hope to sell more copies of a full retail game and to make Alan Moore cry. Available today are NBA 2k10 Draft Combine and Watchmen: The End Is Nigh Part 2. The NBA game is priced at 400 Microsoft Points ($5), while Watchmen 2 tries to wrest 1200 Points ($15) from your account. Here are the official blurbs from Microsoft:
Enhance your NBA 2K10 experience with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, the exclusive game from 2K Sports that allows you to create your own custom NBA player and live the life of an NBA hopeful going through the real NBA Draft Combine in Chicago’s Attack Gym. Improve your game through drills and Draft Combine scrimmages to increase your NBA draft stock, then pick up a copy of NBA 2K10 to find your created player waiting for you in the all-new My Player mode to experience the NBA Draft and begin your path to NBA stardom.
- NBA 2K10 exclusive first look: Be the first to check out the new NBA 2K10 gameplay and graphics and experience the first step in the NBA 2K10 all-new My Player career mode.
- The real NBA Draft Combine: NBA 2K10: Draft Combine is the only way to get a taste of the real NBA Draft Combine in Chicago’s Attack Gym and experience the first phase of the NBA 2K10 all-new My Player career mode. Without NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, your player begins his career in the My Player mode as an undrafted free agent fighting for a spot on an NBA team’s Summer Circuit squad.
- Establish your NBA draft position: Create your own custom player and work with a mentor to improve your game through drills and Draft Combine scrimmages which serve to increase your NBA draft stock. Then when NBA 2K10 hits stores, pick up a copy of the game to find your created player waiting for you to experience the real NBA Draft and begin your path to NBA stardom in the My Player mode.
- Bragging rights: All players created in NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will sport a special patch on their uniforms in the My Player mode denoting their commitment to their career and having been through the experience of the NBA’s Draft Combine.
It’s June 1977, and any day now the passage of the Keene Act will outlaw all masked vigilantes not sanctioned by the government. Rorschach has uncovered a mysterious missing person’s case. Together with the help of Nite Owl, the pair has set out to find the young girl in Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2. Their search takes them deep into the depraved, sleazy corners of the city, and eventually face-to-face with the mysterious Twilight Lady. The seedy underbelly of New York beckons … will you take the call?
- The journey continues: Rorschach and Nite Owl once again prowl the back alleys of the city in their quest for justice. Play as either character throughout the game.
- Voice acting: Patrick Wilson and Jackie Earl Haley reprise their roles as Nite Owl and Rorschach from the film, supplying voiceovers for the characters.
- Game modes: Play in single player or split-screen co-op multiplayer mode and bring justice to the city.