Are you ready for some EXTREME BILLIARDS?! How about crazy platform gaming with RAINBOWS?! Microsoft certainly is, and they’re bringing the extremity to the Xbox Live Arcade this week with Inferno Pool and Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure!, each available today for 800 Microsoft Points ($10). What colorful catastrophes and pool hall perils await you? I’m glad you asked, intrepid gamer, because Xbox.com has provided all the details!
Multiplayer mayhem awaits for up to four local or online players, in a race to clear the most balls from your table in Inferno Pool®. Pot balls to fire at opponents, or stockpile balls to unleash an onslaught. Master Jump Shots, Combos, Bank Shots, Kick Shots, and build your multiplier with an unbroken potting streak to unleash the devastating Inferno Mode.
Alliances will be formed, friends will be betrayed, and the battle isn’t over until the stat screen appears. Includes the challenging Endurance Mode, an Inferno-fuelled battle to survive against the clock and post a world-beating time. The game also includes classic pool modes for one or two local or online players.
- Game modes: The game includes classic 8-Ball and 9-Ball pool modes for one or two players, but the real star of the show is the original Inferno Pool mode, where up to four local or online players do battle.
- Jump right in: With a simple control scheme and silky smooth arcade gameplay, Inferno Pool is easy to pick up and play, while offering tons of depth for serious gamers.
- Skill shots: Pull off crazy skill shots such as Multiball, Combo, Kick, Bank, and Jump Shots to rack up skill points to fill your Inferno Meter.
Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure! is platform gaming at its most colorful. Control the rainbows to take you through the game’s 10 seamlessly connected areas, as you climb from the earth to the far reaches of space. Conquer all 10 Areas in four different game modes, and customize your character’s outfit with a range of quirky costumes that you can earn in the game.
- Multiple game modes: Experience the complete Story Mode, try Time Attack mode, or take on the Challenge Mode that tests how far you can climb from Area 1 to 10 before losing all your lives.
- Multiplayer modes: Play cooperatively with a friend with two Xbox 360 controllers or race to the top against other players in the frenetic action of an Xbox LIVE® Match.