Major League Gaming announced today that their new MLG settings and playlist have gone live in Halo 3. The new playlist tweaks Halo 3’s game settings to make the overall play experience more balanced for competitive gaming. The changes also work to speed up each round of play for more movement and action and less camping and delays. Changes to gameplay include:
- The Battle Rifle is the primary starting weapon.
- Player speed is increased to 110%.
- Damage is increased to 110%.
- Shield recharge rate is decreased to 90%.
- Rockets respawn every 3 minutes, sniper rifles respawn every 2.5 minutes, and overshield and camouflage respawn 2 minutes after being picked up.
- Weapons and powerups have been moved strategically to promote movement within levels.
- The following pieces of equipment have been removed from play: Power Drainer, Regenerator, Bubble Shield, Deployable Cover, Portable Grav Lift, Radar Jammer.