Endless Space is the 4X turn based space domination game that released last summer, and it has accumulated a devoted fanbase since it first arrived on PCs. Publisher Iceberg Interactive has released four free DLC packs since the game’s launch, and today they announced Endless Space‘s first full, for-pay expansion, Disharmony. Chief among the new additions to the game is the Harmony, a brand new spacefaring faction. Other updates, additions, and changes will fill out the expansion, including some additions that were requested by the fan community. Mathieu Girard, the CEO of developer Amplitude Studios, said, “We’re lucky to have a motivated team and even luckier to have such an incredible community. Our expansion pack has been designed based on player requests and community [Games2Gether] votes, and we hope that it fulfills – or surpasses – their expectations.”
Here’s the full lineup of new features from the press release:
- A brand new Faction called “The Harmony” with the main objective to ANNIHILATE DUST!
- New fighters and bomber units that will completely change the shape of combat, especially with the new Battle Formation and Targeting systems
- A complete rework of the Ship Design Interface giving an improved Weapon System that includes family types for modules (short, medium and long range)
- New invasion mechanics have been added: prepare the population for bombardments, sieges and land invasions
- Expect to face a real challenge when playing against AI opponents with the new Adaptive Multi-Agent Artificial Intelligence System (AMAS)
- Other additions and features voted or requested by the community include:
- Four new heroes (Games2Gether)
- A new option to disable exchange of technologies, as a request from the Multiplayer community
- New Rally Points feature for newly built ships to reduce micromanagement
Disharmony will cost $9.99 and will be available for purchase later this summer.