This is the 100th Crushworthy Characters article, disregarding the spin-offs. I’m happy people have enjoyed the series so far. I had to mull over what to do this for this 100th article. I decided to venture into a medium I haven’t yet mentioned in this series. I have covered web series on Fandomania, but I’ve never talked about how crushworthy some of the characters are. So, here is my list of the top ten male and female characters from web series.
In no particular order…
Top Five Female
1. Lizzie Bennet (Ashley Clements) in The Lizzie Bennet Diaries
The modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice introduces us to a grad student version of Lizzie, who is brilliant and sassy. I enjoyed watching her be an equal match for Mr. Darcy.
2. Alice Rackham (Kate Hackett) in Classic Alice
The student and novelist Alice delights viewers with her adventures with living life via books. She is sweet and charming throughout the series and you love her creativity.
4. Emma Woodhouse (Joanna Sotomura) in Emma Approved
Emma thought she knew it all, but she learns some interesting life lessons in her quest for excellence. Her vivacity charmed viewers and this viewer completely approved of her.
5. Harriet Smith (Dayeanne Hutton) in Emma Approved
Emma’s assistant is so adorable, you can’t help but love her. She blooms throughout the series from the shy, quiet girl into a woman that follows her heart.
5. Anne Shirley (Mandy Harmon) in Green Gables Fables
This portrayal of the precocious redhead with an alternate version of Anne is spot on. She is just as imaginative and fun as the Anne in the books.
Top Five Male
1. Peter, Michael, and John (Kyle Walters, Brennan Murray, and Graham Kurtz) in The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy
I could not pick just one from this amazing web series. Each of three boys has his own endearing personality and cute appearance that I adore. Just watch the series to know what I’m talking about.
2. Mr. Darcy (Daniel Vincent Gordh) in The Lizzie Bennet Diaries
This modern Mr. Darcy has all the same cool, brooding appeal as the book character people love. There’s no famous scene involving ponds, but he has plenty of snazzy bowties.
3. Bobby Martin (Jason Brent Isaacs) in Emma Approved
Who didn’t love B-Mart in this series? The lovable and slightly dorky IT guy gets his happy ending and flies his way into the hearts of all viewers. Who can forget that cuteness and adoration for Harriet?
4. Andrew Prichard (Tony Noto) in Classic Alice
Andrew is the practical, snarky half of Alice. He is Alice’s helper and advocate that even she doesn’t know she needs until later. And he makes flannel shirts look cool again.
5. Alex Knightley (Brent Bailey) in Emma Approved
From his khakis to his dry sense of humor, Mr. Knightley rocketed to crushworthy status. He was always my favorite Austen hero and this version was equally amazing. A man who loves you less talks about it more.