Microsoft’s annual Summer of Arcade event kicks off this week with its first release, Splosion Man. Upcoming weeks will continue the Xbox Arcade releases with titles like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and Shadow Complex. Here’s the full rundown on Splosion Man, available today for 800 Microsoft Points:
Fools they were, to tread where knowledge should stay forbidden. For what emerged was not a man—it was Splosion Man™. “And all who saw him were ‘sploded, for he was the fire and they were but meat.” Able to ‘splode himself at will, Splosion Man launches his way through levels, an uncontainable force. From Twisted Pixel Games, developer of the award-winning The Maw, comes a single- or co-op multiplayer experience that ‘splodes like no other.
- Single-player adventure: Play through 50 single-player levels split into three environmentally different chapters as Splosion Man escapes the underground Big Science Labs where he was created.
- Multiplayer action: Jump into 50 multiplayer levels supporting up to four player co-op split into three different chapters.
- Bonuses: Get free unlockable premium dashboard theme, gamerpics, and Avatar accessories.
- Visual style: The personality and humor shine through in film-like cinematics and hundreds of in-game animations. Vivid and colorful graphics advance character animation and emotion.
- Hours of fun: Splosion Man is a retail game’s amount of content that can be downloaded from the comfort of your own living room.
- Musical talent: The original music score is from award-winning composers Joshua R. Mosley (single-player levels) and John DeBorde (multiplayer levels).