Madeleine L’Engle’s 1963 sci-fi classic A Wrinkle in Time is turning half a century old this year. To celebrate the book’s fiftieth anniversary, a brand new edition is being published with loads of special additions, including:
- Frontispiece photo
- Photo scrapbook with approximately 10 photos
- Manuscript pages
- Letter from 1963 Caldecott winner, Ezra Jack Keats
- New introduction by Katherine Paterson, US National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature
- New afterword by Madeleine L’Engle’s granddaughter Charlotte Voiklis including six never-before-seen photos
- Murry-O’Keefe family tree with new artwork
- Madeleine L’Engle’s Newbery acceptance speech
You can find out more about the book and the author on the official Facebook page.
We’re supporting the release of this awesome new edition by hosting a giveaway sponsored by the publisher! One lucky winner will snag a copy of the 50th Anniversary Edition of A Wrinkle in Time, along with a $50 VISA gift card. You have from now through midnight Eastern time on the night of Friday, February 3, 2012, to get your entries in. Check out all the details below to enter.
UPDATE: In my eagerness to get this contest posted, I neglected to link the actual contest entry form (oops!). You should now be able to see the Rafflecopter entry form below. If you left a comment on this post prior to the form appearing, please log in and click that you left a comment so that your entry will count. Sorry about that, folks!