After a year, I finally got a new game in the form of Assassin’s Creed Origins. I watched game trailers beforehand and I was definitely intrigued. AC Syndicate was amazing and definitely redemptive from other franchise mistakes. I was certainly interested in the storyline. I became eager to delve into the origins of the Brotherhood. I finally bought the game and my fingers stretched to play. I cautiously waited as I cracked open the plastic seal and began my journey into Ancient Egypt. Here is my list of things I’m loving so far:
- The graphics are so amazing. I sometimes just stop and stare at the scenery. I admire the seamless design of the game. The game’s details on hieroglyphics and Egyptian art are fantastic.
- Bayek and Aya are great characters. I really feel for their loss and their quest for justice. You can root for the main characters.
- The battle system is pretty awesome. It’s the same in many ways, but there are good additions to the system. I really like the menu system for equipping gear, learning abilities, and crafting items. The tracking system is awesome.
- Senu is the queen of birds. I love how she assists Bayek on his missions. I hope they incorporate this into another game.
- You get to ride a camel.
- I feel like the depth of this storyline will get deeper. The game starts strong with a strong emotional punch. There is no slow build-up of the gameplay. The game continues to plunge deeper into intrigue and reveals interesting new characters.
If you haven’t picked up a copy of the game yet, do so. You are missing out. Get ready to explore Ancient Egypt.