The FuMP is currently providing two new opportunities for fans of FuMPFest. First up is a video contest for which the Grand Prize is two tickets to the Fest as well as two nights in the hotel. The video should be for a FuMP song with completely original video content (see the main rules below in the press release). Second Prize is a 6-month subscription to the FuMP, while Third Prize is a free item from the store. It does specify that you don’t have to be present to win and that you can substitute the prize for something of equal value, so if you can’t make it but want to enter, you still can.
The second opportunity is for anyone who wants to advertise at FuMPFest. Sponsorship packages start at $75 for inclusion of your logo in promo materials. There are also other add-ons, including sponsoring specific events. Again, details are below in the press release.
Today, The Funny Music Project, aka The FuMP,Today, The Funny Music Project, aka The FuMP, announces a video contest to be held at their third annual Funny Music Festival, known as FuMPFeST 2016, at the Holiday Inn Chicago in Elk Grove Village, IL the weekend of August 26-28.
Fans of The FuMP are invited to create an original video for any song available on The FuMP website and you could win two (2!) free badges to FuMPFest 2017 with 2 nights in the hotel! Entries will be screened during Opening Ceremonies of this year’s event on Friday afternoon. The winners will be announced during Closing Ceremonies on Sunday afternoon. You do not need to be present at this year’s event to win.
1. Grand Prize: Two (2) free badges to FuMPFest 2017 and Two (2) free nights at the hotel
2. Second Prize: A free 6-month subscription to The FuMP, Level 1 or 2, your choice*
3. Third Prize: 1 free item from the store at TheFuMP.com
To enter just make a video and post it to YouTube as “unlisted.” Then send us the link by contacting The FuMP via our “Contact Us” page (http://thefump.com/contact.php ) by August 15th. That’s it!
The Rules: There aren’t a lot of rules but we do have a few things we need to keep straight.
– No copyrighted images or videos. You must shoot, animate, or somehow legally acquire everything that is seen in the video. Captured video game footage is OK as long as you are the person who captured it. Get creative!
– All links must be submitted by August 15th.
– You do not have to be attending FuMPFest to enter.
– You do not have to be present at Closing Ceremonies to win.
– Artists who have submitted songs to the main page of the FuMP are not eligible.
– Once the contest is over you may publish your video on your YouTube channel if you wish.
– The FuMP does not assert any ownership to your video beyond the original Creative Commons license for the song you chose which still applies. The FuMP may or may not link your video on our Videos page and/or feature it elsewhere on our web site.
– Prizes may not be exchanged for cash but may be deferred or swapped with other items of similar value.
– No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. Blah blah blah.
*If you are already a FuMP subscriber your subscription will be extended by 6 months, or your recurring payments will be put on hold for 6 months, whichever applies. The FuMPFeST 2016 Sponsorship Package is also now available! Now YOU (yes, you!) can help us put on a the best show we possibly can and help out your business or organization in the process!
A basic sponsorship is just $75 and includes your logo printed in our program book, on our web site, on banners at the event, and your company name and info announced from the main stage at least once per day. Additional add-ons are available to get more out of your sponsorship including gift bag items, displaying your company logo on the on-stage screen between acts, running your logo along our magazine ads, and even renaming one of our events to YOUR COMPANY’S Event. How would you like to see “Bob’s Country Fresh Bait and Tackle Shop Presents FuMP Karaoke!”? If you’re Bob, you’d clearly love it.